The foundation stone of Villa Blum was laid in 1910 by Friedrich Karl 8th Prince of Hohenlohe-Waldenburg-Schillingsfürst, the grandfather of the current 10th Prince Felix of Hohenlohe-Waldenburg-Schillingsfürst. The villa, which at that time was to serve as a residence for the princely administrator, was completed in 1914.
From 1920 to 1949 the villa was owned by Countess Maria von Oeynhausen, née. Countess of Ehrbach-Fürstenau (born 1870, died 1949). She was the great-aunt of the present Prince Felix zu Hohenlohe-Waldenburg-Schillingsfürst and sister of his grandmother.
At that time, Major Blum (ret.), who gave his name to today’s Villa Blum, also lived in one of the rooms in the attic (today’s room 7). During roof removal in 2001/02, workmen found his name on the back of wooden wall paneling and on a 1920s German Shepherd newspaper lying next to old coins in a built-in closet. The closet now decorates the sauna.
On the ground floor to the left (today’s breakfast room) was the Countess’s drawing room and dining room. Their bedroom with adjoining bathroom was on the upper floor in what is now room 2, and the kitchen was in what is now room 5. The prince and his siblings stayed in the current rooms 3 and 4 when their parents were away. From the former writing room of the countess, the bathrooms of rooms 3 and 4 were created.